1. Scarlett Johansson’s commercial that redefines soda, was one that will not easily be forgotten. With her sassy appearance and bold looks, I’m certain she changed many minds on the idea of creating your own soda. Perhaps this new fad will catch on with her familiar face at the forefront of the campaign.
2. The Volkswagen was my favorite car commercial of the bunch. “When a Volkswagen reaches 100,000 miles, a German engineer gets his wings”. Genius. The scene where there are giant wings bursting from engineer’s backs was perfect.
3. The Go Daddy commercial was horrifying. A flock of buff and meaty people swarming a tanning salon is a nightmare. It made for a great commercial, though. I definitely paid attention. Even if i was distracted by my disgust.
4. “Make Love, Not War”. Coined in the 60’s, brought back to relevance by the images of current foreign and domestic issues. By making the viewer assume the worst, and then completely swapping it to reveal the positivity of the situation, you are enthralled the whole time. The real kicker, it was Axe Body spray that managed to pull of such a thought provoking commercial. Props to them for stepping out of their comfort zone.
5. Wow, um, crying over how cute the Budweiser commercial with the horse and puppy is. Coupled with the angelic voice of Passenger, it was almost too much cuteness. I can’t even tell you what they were trying to convey in this commercial. I don’t actually care. The horse and the puppy were adorable, therefore Budweiser is adorable.